Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 25 - Letter K

Once again I'm playing catch-up!  We did the letter K THREE weeks ago!

Our memory verse that week was Psalm 34:13 - "Keep your tongue from evil."  Another great verse that we can apply on a daily basis!  :)


Letter K Pattern Blocks

Kite lacing card

Phonics page - she does GREAT sounding out the pictures and circling the correct ones.  She doesn't even need my help anymore.

Prewriting practice

Since it was letter K, we played the game Memory using Hershey Kisses.

I put stickers on the bottom and labeled them with lower and upper-case letters.  It was good practice, and a yummy treat!

Letter maze

Color puzzles

Kite number matching - Jenna had to add the correct number of bows to the kites.

Kite puzzle

Patterns

Jenna made the letter K with her body.

Letter writing - Jenna did a good job writing her "k's", but then Grant got a hold of the paper and decided to add to it.

Number writing practice

For her ABC book, Jenna put Kisses on the letter K.  I think she enjoyed using Mommy's lipstick!


Kite coloring page

I LOVE this Kumon number writing book!  I have seen such progress in her number writing.  We do one page (front and back) each day.

Jenna copied the kite pattern all by herself.  It definitely helps when I only show her one line at a time.  Otherwise it's too overwhelming for her to look at the whole thing and try to copy it.

Kite color matching - Jenna had to add the colored bows to the correct colored kite.

Kite pattern blocks

Jenna made the letter K on the geoboard.

Roll a Kite game - Jenna rolls a die and then looks at the "key" on the page as to which kite piece to get.  Then she starts assembling the kite. 


We added the letter K to the coconut tree.

Some "K" books we read this week.
 Since it was K week, we just had to fly our Kites!  Both Jenna and Grant got kites in their Easter baskets, so it was the perfect opportunity to use them...and we had the perfect weather too!  Not too cold and lots of wind.  The kids had a blast, as did Drew and myself.

 




1 comment:

Diane said...

Love the "K" projects - especially Hershey's kisses with letters underneath...wish you were MY mom! :) and I could do that project. MMMMmmmmm...I appreciate seeing all the progress, and the fun that everyone is having - thank you!