Drew's uncle and aunt gave us these Resurrection Eggs to use with the kids in anticipation of Easter. Inside each egg is a symbol from the story of Christ's death on the cross and resurrection. I found a book that goes along with it - Benjamin's Box by Melody Carlson. Each day we read a "chapter" of the book and then opened the egg that corresponded. Jenna enjoyed reading the story each day, and really understood it. It's a great activity for teaching the true meaning of Easter - Christ's resurrection!
I saw the idea on Pinterest of putting glow sticks inside Easter eggs and then hunting for them with the lights off. It looked like so much fun, I just had to give it a try. The bracelet glow sticks I had were too long to fit inside the eggs, so I cut them in half and taped up the ends so the liquid didn't leak out. It worked...pretty well. I probably wouldn't try this again unless we were hunting them outside. It was something different to try and the kids enjoyed it.
| I tried getting a picture of the eggs glowing in the dark...kind of hard to do, but you get the idea. |
| Jenna and Grant waiting upstairs while I hid the eggs. They're excited! |
We did our own Easter egg hunt in the backyard on Saturday when the weather was nice. The kids LOVED it and wanted to do it over and over again. Then they hid the eggs for us and made us hunt for them. Grant didn't quite understand that we were to find them on our own - he kept running around the yard picking them up. :)
Another Pinterest find - we had a lunch Easter egg hunt. I put a small portion of their lunch in some eggs and then hid them in the family room for them to find.
On Sunday we went to Paw-Paw and Maw-Maw's house and they also held an Easter egg hunt for the kids. We thought the weather was nice, so we didn't bring any coats for the kids; however, it had gotten a little chilly, so Maw-Maw gave Grant her fleece to wear. I love how it dwarfs him!
The kids also dyed some eggs at church on Friday, but I was too busy keeping my eye on the kids that I didn't snap any pictures. All-in-all it was a fun week!
1 comment:
How much fun! So creative - totally love it!!
Post a Comment