Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week 28 - Letter X

Letter X was spread out over a few weeks.  We'd just do a few activities whenever we had time.

Starfall iPad app

Wikki Stix - she's gotten good at folding the ends over for pieces that are too long.

Xylophone color puzzles

Xylophone lacing card

Size Sort

She made the letter X on the geoboard all by herself.

We played this counting game together.  First I put a number at the top and she added the correct number of xylophone bars, but her favorite is to be "the teacher" and make me add the correct (or sometimes incorrect) number of bars.  It was good practice because she always had to check my work.

Pattern Blocks

For her ABC book, she stamped the letter X all over her X page.

Finished product

Color-by-number paper - she did a great job coloring!

Patterns

She wanted to color the dots rather than use her do-a-dot markers.

Another one of Grant's favorite file folder games.  More practice with colors and matching shapes to their correct silhouettes.

Phonics page - She has gotten very good at sounding out each of the pictures and circling the correct ones without my help.

I can't believe how LONG she looks in this picture!

Cutting page

Letter writing

Xylophone puzzle

Shape puzzles

Number writing - obviously she wanted to give a little more practice to the number 4.  :)

Adding the letter X to our coconut tree.

She also did more pages in her Kumon Number Writing book.

We're almost done!!  We're just finishing up letter Y this week and then on to Z!  I can't believe our preschool year is coming to an end.  We decided to send her to preschool next year.  I'm excited for her because she's such a social butterfly that I know she'll just love having a classroom of new friends, but I can't believe we're already at this point.  I'm feeling a little sad that it's already school time even though it's only 2 days a week for 2 hours each day.  I'm sure I'll survive!  Plus, I'm planning to start preschool at home with Grant this next year (since he'll be 3), so now I can have some time with him too.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thinking about how when you started, Kristin, with Jenna and coloring - looks how she has improved! She is also enjoying smiling for the camera - ha ha! :) Nice that Grant can have some time now in the fall! He has already benefited from the exposure, I am sure...before you know it Hannah will be putting pattern pieces on paper! Great job!