Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanksmas with the Bortons

We celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas again with Drew's family in Ohio over Thanksgiving weekend. We really appreciate his family being willing to fly here since it's much easier for us to keep the kids in their normal environment and routine (and we don't have to deal with the stress of flying with two young kids). :)

Below are some snapshots from our weekend together. If you want to view even more (and better) pictures, you can go to Cathy's blog - http://chrisncathy.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksmas-part-1.html . She has 5 posts dedicated to our Thanksmas!! :) Lots of great pictures, so check them out!

Aunt Cathy had just the touch to get Grant to fall asleep in her lap. Drew was able to do it once, but it's never worked for me. Hmmm....I wonder if Aunt Cathy would be willing to be our live-in nanny for the next 6 months. :)

I love all the pictures of our family with Grant. This was the first time everyone met Grant...that is, all except for Mom - she had already seen him a few previous times already.



I just had to take a picture of the turkey on Grant's behind. :)



Once again, Mom cooked a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving meal!!

The soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Brian Borton!

So glad I got a picture of Grant sucking on his middle and pointer fingers - that's what he does. It's so funny how each kid is different. If I remember right, I think Jenna sucked on those two fingers as well, except they were upside down.

The entire Borton clan sitting down for our Thanksgiving meal

Jenna enjoying her Thanksgiving meal

Christmastime!



Here's a picture of our "numbered presents" tradition. The 3 Borton kids grew up doing this at Christmastime. Mom numbers the presents instead of putting names on them. Then we take turns guessing which present is ours. If we're right, we get to open it, otherwise we get passed by; although, sometimes we're given permission to make a second guess. It's fun and it prolongs the gift-giving and gift-opening a little longer.

Jenna trying on her new pink vest

I love Natalie's expression in this picture. She was modeling the earmuffs from Mom (great gift idea since they're spending their honeymoon in Canada) and just opened her iPod Shuffle.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new sewing machine from Mom!!! I've already used it to make Christmas stockings for our family (I'll post those pictures later) and I have a few other projects in mind.


Apparently, Drew loved being held like that as a baby and it's been successful with both of our kids as well. Of course your arm gets covered in drool in the process...haha!

Jenna playing with her new "swiffer" from B.

The "good-bye" shots. I wanted to get pictures of all the couples holding Grant before they left.



Jenna LOVES standing on the stool and playing in the sink. I've found whenever she's restless and needs something fun to do, this always works (and it buys me a few minutes to get something done). Don't you just love the new outfit Jenna's modeling from "B"? The little tutu is soo cute!





Cathy took this picture of Jenna and I just love how the light is shining in her hair. Great shot!!
Next up: Christmas tree hunting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww such fun memories!! you took some great pics too! I can't wait to see stocking pics. I'm impressed you've already broken in the sewing maching! :)

Diane said...

Love the pictures, of course, being "B" - Jenna's mouth open watching Drew open a gift, Grant smiling...too fun! Such a perfect way to highlight life - a blog! Thanks for taking time to do that, Kristin!