Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jenna!

We can't believe our little girl is already 2!!! Time has flown by so quickly! This year we weren't able to have her party the weekend of her birthday, but we still "celebrated" today anyway.

I don't know why, but for some reason we didn't have a birthday card for Jenna last year. I guess I figured she was too young to understand or care, which is still partially true this year, but I just couldn't let her birthday go by without making a card for her. Of course I didn't decide this until about 11:30 pm last night! :) So here's Jenna's birthday card - I thought it might be neat to keep her birthday cards from us for each year. We'll see if I actually remember to do that.


This morning Jenna had a few presents to open at breakfast. We got her glow-in-the-dark stars to put on her ceiling since she's been so interested in the stars outside and also a LeapFrog Jr. A friend of ours has it for her son and he just LOVES it, so when I found it online for a good deal, I thought I'd give it a try. (Oh, and the birthday balloons are from my cousin's surprise birthday party on New Year's Eve - perfect timing!)




Here Jenna and I are using the LeapFrog. You run the little hand held thing over the pictures and words in the book and it will make sounds and read the story. It's interesting, but I'm not sure Jenna's patient enough right now to sit and play with it. We might have to put it away for a few months and bring it out again when she's a little older. We'll see. :)


Daddy and his kids

And the birthday girl

Of course we have to include a picture of her happy brother....always smiling!
(And notice he got a haircut...I'll post those pictures another day.)


Jenna's wearing a dress she got for Christmas from
Uncle Keith and Aunt Mary - so pretty!



Grant just hanging out on Daddy's lap while he reads the Sunday paper. :)

We were originally planning on having pancakes with the candles in them for breakfast, however, we had to go to early service this morning so we just didn't have time to make them. So we had them for dinner instead! That's a tradition I'd like to continue with the kids - pancakes with candles on the morning of their birthday. Sounds fun to me!


Then to top off the day, we watched a short "Bella mooney" (Cinderella movie). You can rent them for free from Family Video, so I rented a Princess Stories DVD. We popped some popcorn and enjoyed a quick half hour movie. Jenna did well and seemed to enjoy it.

Lastly, we took a video of us singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna.
Please ignore (or laugh at) the terrible lack of singing talent. Ha! :)



Happy 2nd birthday, Jenna! We love you!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

That video is TOO cute! I love how you post on your blog! Thank you! love, "B"

Anonymous said...

awww great video! I love the birthday pancake idea :) And Grant looks so handsome too!!