Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grant's First Haircut and Christmas Eve

I can't believe Grant was about 5 months old when he got his first haircut! Jenna was 15 months old. But I guess it's easier to stretch it out with girls since you can use clips and bows to keep the hair out of the face. Drew wouldn't let me put any clips in Grant's hair, so a haircut it was! :)

My Uncle Keith was a barber so we asked if he could give Grant his first haircut while he was home for Christmas. It's so special having him cut Grant's hair, so we were glad he was able to do it...and he did a WONDERFUL job too! He actually got his hair cut on Christmas Eve just before the Christmas Eve service at church, which is why the cape is around me instead of Grant. I was already dressed up for the service and we were planning on changing Grant's outfit anyway.


Tada! The finished product! He looked so much better after his haircut and so much more grown-up!
We also had Uncle Keith trim Jenna's bangs while we were there. I try, but usually she's too busy to sit still for me. Strapping her into the highchair's a good idea - then she can't get away from me. Maybe I'll have to try that next time!


After the Christmas Eve service, we came home and let Jenna open a present before bed. I'd like to make it a tradition to give them new pajamas and a Christmas book each Christmas Eve. Poor Grant was exhausted and fell asleep in the car ride home, so Jenna got to open all the presents. She opened her new pajamas, Grant's (kinda) new pajamas (hand-me-downs that we got for Jenna's 1st Christmas...it was just right for Grant this year since it's his 1st Christmas too), and a Christmas book.
The kids in their jammies.
(Can I just say how DIFFICULT it is to get a good picture of the two of them...!
Haha! This was the best we could do...I think poor Grant had had enough!)
Baby's 1st Christmas. It's so funny how both kids have been able to wear that "jammy" even though they're born in different seasons. It's a 12 month outfit, so at Jenna's 1st Christmas, she was just about 1 year old and it fit her well. Grant was only 5 months old at his 1st Christmas and it fit him perfectly too! He's a big boy!
Next up: Christmas celebrations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible Grant is growing up more?! His haircut looks great!!