Anyway, yesterday morning I was looking through the list and found a person wanting to sell a new(er) crib, dresser, and possibly a bookshelf for $200. She said the crib and dresser are pretty much brand new. The crib retails at Baby's R 'Us for $280 and the dresser retails for $140. They got them about 2 years ago and are wanting to change the color scheme in the room, including the wood furniture. So we set up a time to meet yesterday, and I was thrilled with it. She still had it all set up in the room, but it looked like it was just out of the box! Her older daughter helped disassemble the items so we could fit them in the Pilot. It all fit, but apparently I didn't think it through before leaving the house because I only brought one blanket and a few bungee cords to help keep the items in place. Well, my mom and I ended up having to stop about 4 times to rearrange and secure the items, but we were able to get them home in one piece.
Here's a picture of the crib and dresser off the internet. We haven't assembled them yet because we need to clear out the baby's room in order to make room for it all. That will be my job over the next few weeks before school starts.
Oh, and we also got a Sealy crib mattress included in the deal. Apparently crib mattresses can be over $100. And we also got a bookshelf that is probably about 7 feet tall that matches the natural wood color. She didn't get it at Babies R 'Us so I don't have a picture yet to show, but it looked nice.
Here's a picture of my mom and me with all the furniture loaded in the back of the car. It took us a while to load and rearrange. I counted it as my workout for the day since I was sweating by the end of it. :)

Currently we have the furniture stored in our guest bedroom, but now I'm motivated to get the baby's room cleaned out so we can put it all together.
So hopefully pictures to come soon of the assembled furniture!


1 comment:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! that is amazing...you guys are seriously the best at finding amazing deals!!
i cant wait to see it up in the room:)
Post a Comment