This picture doesn't really show my growing belly, although I do look "wider" than normal and you can see a little pooch in the front if you look closely.
Here's a better side shot of my belly.
I'm really looking forward to when I'll be able to feel the baby move. I'm told that I should be feeling it within the next few weeks. I did find out at my last doctor's appt. that I have an anterior placenta which just means that the placenta is in front of the baby closer to my belly button. Apparently it's nothing to be concerned about. However, I did read that those who have anterior placentas might not feel the baby's kicks as early as others because the placenta acts as a cushion. The book also said that the doctor may have a difficult time finding the heart beat because of the placenta being in front, which is the problem we faced at our last appt. It's been disconcerting at times when the doctor hasn't been able to find the baby's heart beat and when I just feel like I'm putting on weight rather than carrying a baby. But there's nothing to worry about apparently, so that's good news. I'll post more info after our next appt. August 7th!
No comments:
Post a Comment