Monday, July 21, 2008

"Parents" for a day

Last Thursday Drew and I watched my cousin's 2 kids - a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. They're both so good - it was definitely eye-opening though. I didn't realize how exhausting it would be! Thankfully Drew and I will only start out with one child before having two to deal with. :) We did have fun though. We set up the sprinkler in the backyard for John to run through. Drew eventually put his swimming trunks on too and joined the fun. We set Silas on the grass where he could get wet, but he didn't seem to like that very much, so Drew held him while running through the sprinkler a few times, which he did enjoy. We also went for a walk around the block, attempted to blow bubbles, but ran out of bubble solution, and ate a yummy lunch of homemade pancakes (which Drew decided to make after hearing me read the story to John about Curious George and the blueberry pancakes).



No comments: