I decided about a year ago to teach preschool at home with Jenna this year. I love teaching and I thought it would be something fun for us to do together. She's only 3 1/2 so she'll still have another school year before going to Kindergarten. At this point I'm thinking of sending her to an actual preschool next year when she's 4, but we'll see.
So after a year of planning and preparing (it's the teacher in me!), I mapped out our weekly schedule for the year and decided to start Wed, August 22nd. I had been talking to Jenna about starting preschool this year at home with Mommy and she's been very eager to begin. To be honest, I was unsure how it'd go and whether she'd even enjoy it, especially after all the work I put into it. We've been doing it now a little over a week and so far she's LOVING it. Every morning she asks if we're "going to school" today. I love seeing her excitement and am enjoying the time with her. We typically do it in the morning from 9am-10am so it's been a little challenging with Grant. I try to involve him as much as I can, but he just turned 2 and isn't all that interested, which is fine. Typically he'll do our calendar time with us or at least he'll be there for a little bit before running into the other room to play. :)
Of course I had to get "first day" pictures of the kids. If only they'd learn to cooperate... ;)
 |
| I don't know what it is about facing the camera but not actually looking at it. I can't tell you the number of pictures I have of them with their eyes looking elsewhere. Whew! |
 |
| Ready to begin "school"! |
 |
| I can't get enough of that cheesy grin. Makes me laugh! |
1 comment:
I love Grant's cheesy grin too! Jenna is such a beautiful little girl! I'm impressed how much effort you've put into preschool...good for you! :)
Post a Comment