Lesson Egg: Cross
Treat Egg: Glow-in-the-dark Lizards
Today we talked about how Jesus died on the cross and the reason for Him doing that - to take away our stinky sins so that we could have a relationship with God. Our sins separate us from God, but Jesus's death on the cross bridged that gap. Then after Jesus died, he was buried in a tomb. We asked Jenna how she thinks His friends felt (her response: sad).
Grant's really been getting into this as well. When he sees me grab the bag of eggs and my camera, he goes running into the other room and sits down. :) Today he wanted to hold the bag while I took the picture.
Intrigued by the lizard
Cathy included some extra lizards for the kids to play with. I'm thinking they're perfect for the dirt pile in the backyard. :)
I didn't get a picture of Jenna holding the cross, but I've seen her carrying it around. When Drew got home from work yesterday, she showed him the cross and told him that Jesus died on it. I also overheard her telling Grant about the cross at one point too. It's so neat seeing her "take in" what we're telling her and realize she's really listening to us.
2 comments:
oh my gosh I'm so excited that they're taking it in so well and that God is using that in their little lives! That is SO cute about Grant too :) I'll keep praying that Jesus speaks to them through the eggs! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment