Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Countdown

Let the countdown begin!!

Aunt Cathy had a GREAT idea to help Jenna countdown the days until we leave for our Borton family get together in Galveston. This is a great idea because the concept of time is still difficult for her to understand. She just knows we're leaving in a few weeks (although she still says "a few months" which is what we taught her to say....a few months ago). Anyway, Cathy sent Jenna strips of paper so she could make a paper chain - each link representing a day until we leave. Then we can remove a link each day until the day of our trip. Love it!!

Jenna and I had fun making the chain together. Jenna was in charge of the gluing, which she did a great job with, while I put them together. We have it hanging on our light fixture above the kitchen table and each morning Jenna's wanted to rip off another link. She enjoys it, plus it gives us practice counting, especially since we're counting above 10 right now. :)

Thanks Cathy for the fun project!!




By the way Cathy, this scrapbooking lady LOVESSSSSSS the paper you sent!!! Hmmm....wondering where you picked it up so maybe I can add it to my collection...?? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe THANKS!!! I think I got that at Michael's...did you like how most of the were travel related?? :) hehe
I loooved the text Drew sent with Jenna's pic and her voice saying thank you :) tooo cuuuute. Anyways, so glad it was well loved!!!! :) Can't wait to see ya'll!!

Diane said...

Cathy - what a great idea! Jenna looks so cute - nice to think there is that GREAT anticipation for the trip to Galveston! I'm excited, too! I've already got waters and food gathering to have for snacks. Now, praying that we don't get a hurricane!