Monday, August 22, 2011

Cincinnati Zoo

I have no idea why it's taken me over a week to post these pictures. They've been sitting on our blog waiting for me to add text. So maybe I'll just make it easy on myself and only add a few comments to the pictures.

My parents, sister, her husband, and Drew and I decided we wanted to visit the Cincinnati Zoo together. So we randomly picked an August day and luckily had WONDERFUL weather. It was gorgeous!





They had a carousel so we got a ticket for Jenna. It cost $3 for about 25 seconds. I think Brian actually counted it and said there were 3 full rotations...wow!




Jenna loved these animal statues around the zoo. I was going to have Jenna sit on the mama gorilla, but it was way too HOT so we just stood next to it.


Jenna and Paw-Paw in the monkey house

The kids looking at the penguins.

There were specific feeding times for the giraffes where you could buy a cracker to feed to them. We stood in a line and then one by one fed the giraffes. It was so fun for Jenna to do, but, I have to say, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (near Denver, CO) was much cooler. You could buy these little food pellets and feed the giraffes as much as you want. They just walked up to the platform and whoever was there could feed them. There were no lines so you could stand there and look at them without having to move out of the way for the next person. Even so, it was still a neat experience for Jenna!

Love this picture of the kids. Can't believe I got one of both of them looking at the camera and smiling. You should see all the other pictures before this one...haha...it took a while to get a good one.

Jenna especially loved this elephant statue.


Love this picture of Grant peeking over his shoulder at the elephant.


Family picture...at the end of the day.

Group shot.
We had a great time doing something with the entire family. Hopefully we'll get to have another outing again soon. Maybe Newport Aquarium next...?

No comments: