Friday, August 8, 2008

Dr. appointment

Yesterday we had our monthly pregnancy check-up. I had been looking forward to this appointment since we were unable to hear the heartbeat at our last appt. THANKFULLY they found the heartbeat right away. It's at 150 bpm. So it looks like everything's good right now. I'm 18 weeks and 5 days today so here's what took place this week with the baby's development:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bellpepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.


In another book I'm reading, it says that the baby now has his/her own unique set of fingerprints on the fingertips and toes. How neat!!
Drew and I are REALLY looking forward to next Thursday when we'll be able to see our baby again! And (hopefully) find out whether we're having a boy or a girl. :) Next Thursday is also our 4-year anniversary and I can't think of a better way to celebrate. We're planning on spending the whole day together which is another reason I'm really looking forward to that day. I feel as though I've barely gotten to speak to him these past few months with all his schoolwork. He's now in the final stages of finishing his capstone paper. His goal is to have it completely finished and submitted by next Wed. so that we can enjoy Thursday together without feeling the burden of it. I'll be glad for Drew too when it's finished. I know it's wearing him out, especially now that he's back to work this week - he'll work a full day, come home, eat dinner, and then work on his paper until bedtime. But he's a trooper - he never complains.
As for me, I've been keeping busy lately getting my classroom put together for the start of another school year. I can't believe it's time to go back to school already!! I'm looking forward to about September when we've been in school for a few weeks and the routines are already established. I LOVE what I do, so it should be fun.
The baby's room got put on hold for now. There's only so much I can do without Drew's help, so I'm waiting for when he's finished with schoolwork. We have a lot of moving and maneuvering to do with our furniture to get everything in the right spot, but hopefully pictures to come within the next month of our baby's room.
Well, I can't wait to post in a week and show you updated pictures of our baby!

No comments: