Saturday, May 17, 2008

There's a HEARTBEAT!

Drew and I had our first doctor's appointment this past Thursday. They did an ultrasound, so Drew and I were able to SEE our baby. It's still quite tiny, measuring only 4.3 mm; however, we saw and heard the baby's heartbeat, too. We're so amazed that already there's a heartbeat. It makes it more real to me that I'm pregnant, especially since I don't really feel too different (or look different) yet. We're also amazed at how intricately God designed us...just to read how much our baby is developing each week and to know that one of the first organs that formed and began working was the heart. It's unbelievable!

Here's the first picture of our little one. :) The two cursors show you the length of the baby. The bulge on top of the baby was where we could see the heart beating.

We found out that I'm 7 weeks along, which makes our due date JANUARY 5, 2009. Right now January seems so far away, but I know it will be here before we know it, and of course there's lots to do to prepare for our baby's arrival. It's all so exciting!

Our next check-up is June 10th. We'll keep you posted!

No comments: