Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Rocker and Pickles

Drew had a GREAT find at a recent garage sale. One of the items on our list to get before our baby arrives is a glider rocker. Well, he found one while garage saling during our neighborhood garage sales last week. It's in great condition, a nice neutral color, and was only $40 for the chair and ottoman. I decided to test it out with Bailey as my "baby".

I must have done a good job rocking him because Bailey fell asleep within minutes (although that's not unusual for him to do). :)

After trying out the rocker, Drew and I decided to play some games. While playing games, I thought pickles sounded like a good snack. I've always liked pickles so it's not a surprise that I wanted some, but I guess I ended up eating just about the entire jar - there were only 3 spears left from what was a brand new jar. Drew gets a kick out of it saying that it's my "first craving".

I'm nearing the end of my 8th week (Sunday), so I'll post an update of how the baby developed this week. :) So far I've been VERY blessed with (very) minimal morning sickness. Usually I just feel slightly nauseous in the mornings when I first wake up. I have a sleeve of saltine crackers on my bedside table so I just eat 1-2 and feel fine. Then sometimes I'll have another slight nauseous moment mid-morning, but once I eat a few saltines I'm fine. I pray it continues like this!

No comments: