La Comedia has become a favorite special date night of ours over the past few years. I was first introduced to La Comedia in high school when my Spanish Club took a trip there to see West Side Story. I loved it!! They serve you a really nice meal on stage followed by a play. It's a little pricey, but we buy an Entertainment Book when it's discounted and there's a Buy One Get One Free coupon inside, so that helps. We only go once a year, so it's always a really special date night. So when I was checking on shows for this year, I noticed they were showing "Peter Pan" over the summer and I immediately thought it would be so much fun to take Jenna and Grant. We were a little unsure as to whether the kids would like it and whether Grant would sit through the entire show, but we decided to go for it.


They were selling "pirate gear" in their gift shop, and I just couldn't resist! Plus I thought it would be fun to add to their dress-up box at home. It was a special night - we might as well go all out and enjoy it, right?! :)
 |
| Jenna enjoyed dressing up and even gave us a few "argh matey". :) |
 |
| My big girl and me |
 |
| Father-son |
 |
| As I've said before, Grant's not a huge fan of dress-up right now, but we were able to get him to wear the hook. |
 |
| The kids and I in line at the buffet to get our food. |
 |
| That is one expensive hot dog! ;) |
 |
| Fairy cheesecake for dessert - as Grant would say, "Dee-wishus!" |
 |
| We ordered an Oreo milkshake for intermission. Yum! |
After the show, the actors line up in the hallway so you can meet them as you're leaving. They even stay in character, which is fun.
 |
| Jenna with Wendy |
 |
| Captain Hook - he was AMAZING!! He was so funny and did a great job! By far, our favorite of the night. |
 |
| And Peter Pan - who was played by a lady, which totally freaked Drew out. :) |
We had a great time together and the kids loved the show! Jenna was glued to the stage the ENTIRE time!! Grant also enjoyed it, but his favorite was the crocodile. It only made a few appearances on stage, but when it did, Grant lit up! Oh, and at the end of the show when the actors come out on stage to take a bow, Peter Pan flew above the audience and sprinkled some pixie dust. The kids LOVED it!! Jenna giggled, put her hands on her hips, cocked her head, and said, "Peter...!"
We would definitely do this again with the kids if they have another kid-friendly show! So much fun! And maybe in a few years, Hannah can even join us. (Thanks Kelley and Brian for watching her!!!)
1 comment:
LOVE the pics! I would be weirded out by Peter Pan being a girl too- haha - no shame, Drew :)
Great pics of the kids and what a fun memory maker! You guys look great too :)
Post a Comment