Monday, September 23, 2013

August Misc.

There were so many great pictures from August that I thought I'd quickly update the blog.

Jenna and Grant were in a nature class for the month of August. It's for 3-5 year olds, so they were in the class together.  It was once a week for 2 1/2 hours each class.  There was a theme each week where they'd learn about that animal/bug, do a craft, have a snack, and hike around the nature preserve.  They both LOVED it!  In the picture above, they had learned about ladybugs, hence their ladybug hats.  :)


Blowing bubbles

A friend had given us silly string, so the kids "hid" from Daddy when he got home from work.

You can see some of the silly string on Drew's shorts.

This picture breaks my heart.  This was just before her MRI and just after her eye appointment.  The eye doctor had a hard time looking in her eyes, so he had to use these metal tongs to hold her lids open.  Hannah was crying and screaming the entire time - I could barely stand it.  Needless to say, her eyes were red and puffy the rest of the day.

After her MRI - she did a great job and slept the entire time.

This was taken when we met with the pediatrician to hear more about her MRI results.

Sleeping so soundly

During her EEG

Tons of wires coming "out of" her head

Attempting to eat cereal

Jenna had a blast playing in the rain


We tried a few times this summer to teach Jenna to ride her bike without training wheels.  But she likes the security of the wheels, so for now they're still on her bike.  I'm sure people see her and wonder why that 6 year old still has her training wheels on - ha! 





I came in before bed to check on the kids and found Grant asleep like this!

Special time with B

They just love her so much!

Grant got Lincoln Logs from Uncle Brian and Aunt Kelley for his birthday and I think he's wanted to build with them every day since then.  Both he and Jenna really enjoy playing with them.

Tummy time with some drool

Working on holding her toy.

Swimming at Aunt Kelley's house



This night I found Bailey snuggled on Grant's bed, which is very unusual for two reasons; 1) he never leaves my side, and 2) he's not a huge fan of Grant anyway.  It was so funny!

More swimming at Aunt Kelley's


Kelley captured this sweet picture of Hannah all smiles

This girl is serious about her ice-cream!

We stopped at the Sno Shack this summer to get a Sno Cone.  The kids enjoyed watching her make them.

Rainbow flavored!

Who needs the ice when you can just suck out the sugary juices?!  ;)

Here's a sweet video of Hannah cooing and giggling at Drew.  I tried uploading another video of Hannah giggling, but it wouldn't let me.  Maybe I'll try in a separate post.



No comments: