Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May Misc.

Here are some miscellaneous May pictures...

Jenna just LOVES her baby sister

First time I was able to get her to take a paci.  She SO needed it!!  It was very calming to her and helped with the colic.

Smiles

She fell asleep on the beach towel outside.  So sweet!

Mommy and her sweet baby

I just LOVE snuggles with her!

Hannah started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks of age and she would sleep around 12 hours each night.  So I started pumping to build up a supply, but that's also allowed Drew and the kids to experience feeding Hannah too.  I know it's special for Drew to have that bonding time with her as well.

This was the first time Hannah just fell asleep while playing on her playmat.  It was amazing and such a shock to us because neither Jenna nor Grant EVER did that. 

Smiling at one of her toys

I went in before bed to check on the kids, and this was how I found Grant.

Snack time in the backyard after some water fun

More sleeping snuggles!  We loved this because she NEVER would fall asleep in our arms those first 3 months - probably because of her colic.  It was so special now that she would do that - neither of us wanted to put her down or move out of the chair. 

Close-up of her sweet sleeping face

Add caption

Jenna colored a picture for the little girl we sponsor from Compassion International - Michel Tintaya.

Again, she just fell asleep while laying on her blanket.  I left the room and when I came back she was asleep.  I think Jenna was the one who wrapped the blanket around her.




Grant feeding Hannah


When "B" came to visit, she was so kind to watch Jenna and Grant so I could get some things done while Hannah napped.  This was one of the projects I've been wanting to do and was finally able to complete while she was here.  I cut out the kid's names and put them on the paper inside these tubs.  Then I organized any keepsakes from birth to now inside each box. 

Here's an inside view.  It's much better than just throwing all their keepsakes randomly into drawers like they were before.  :)



The kids love playing outside. 

This is the first summer Grant's really taken interest in the jungle gym and been able to climb it.  He LOVES it and does really well with it!

Jenna has taught herself to pump the swing all by herself and loves going out to swing.

We made some homemade ice-cream.  Both kids enjoyed using the mallet to crush the ice.

Another night when I checked on the kids, I found Jenna with her arms outstretched.  :)

More playtime on the blanket.  I haven't been so good at giving Hannah tummy time.  She absolutely hates it (as most babies do).

More smiles

I can tell already that these girls are going to be the best of friends!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a gift that at 3 months of age she turned a corner with the colic - yeah! Such a darling little girl - and, seeing her fast asleep without any prompting! Too cute! Jenna and Grant are great siblings to her - what a special addition Hannah is to your family! Beautiful children (of course, I AM prejudiced!)