Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Strawberry Picking

A little over a week ago we took the kids to pick strawberries.  We had to go over a few lessons first on which strawberries to pick, how to pick them, and about NOT stepping on them!  The last one was the toughest for the kids.  They weren't very aware of where they were stepping, so that one was repeated quite a few times. 

We got two buckets to fill and went to town.  To be completely honest, I didn't know how long the kids would last.  I figured they would get bored with it after just a few minutes and then Drew or I would have to keep them occupied while the other quickly picked the rest of the berries.  Thankfully though they both enjoyed it and stayed with it until the buckets were full! 


Pre-picking picture - and yes, I'm the mother that coordinates their outfits to match the red strawberries. 

On the hunt...

I think Grant might have tasted a few strawberries while out there.


I had Hannah in my front carrier and with it being a windy day, she wasn't too happy.  So I did more bouncing than picking.  :)

Jenna really did a great job picking good strawberries.

I was able to join in and pick a few myself.

Grant showing off his berry

All done!

Just look at all those beautiful strawberries!!

Great job, Grant!

We had SO MANY strawberries that we decided to share them with some other family members.  We kept one bucket for ourselves and the kids managed to devour them in ONE day!  They're animals when it comes to berries!! 

No comments: