Here are some random pictures from the first few weeks after bringing Hannah home...
 |
| Jenna thought Hannah needed a blanket on her, so she grabbed my nursing cover and laid it over her. Such a caring big sister! |
 |
| They're all smiles with their new baby sister. |
 |
| They adore her! |
 |
| Sadly, this is a normal occurrence in our house - dress-up time typically ends with either the kids stripped down to their undies or with Grant in a skirt. ;) |
 |
| We all enjoyed snuggle time with Hannah, although I think I might have hogged her a little more than the others. I just LOVE the snuggles! |
 |
| Jenna loved being near Hannah and especially having her in her lap. |
 |
| Gram-Gram came to visit and even got to feed Hannah a bottle. |
 |
| Jenna likes taking pictures of Hannah with the camera she got at Christmas. I think she took lessons from her Aunt Kelley, which is why the camera is 3 inches from Hannah's face. ;) (Sorry Kell - I just couldn't resist!) |
 |
| More sister snuggle time |
 |
| Love this picture of Jenna and Grant - I have such fond memories of the View Finders from my childhood. I picked these up from a garage sale last summer and surprisingly they both like them, even Grant. |
 |
| Hannah being weighed at her 1 week appointment. She was 5 lbs, 11 oz at birth, and 5 lbs, 3 oz when we left the hospital (at 3 days old). At this appointment she weighed in at 5 lbs, 5 oz - so we had made some progress with her weight. It was a big challenge to get her to eat those first few weeks. She was INCREDIBLY tired and literally slept 99% of the day. Even though we tried feeding her every 2-3 hours, it was difficult to wake her long enough for a significant feeding, so I was glad to see she had at least put on 2 oz. Then at her 2-week appointment (when they want her back at her birth weight), she weighed 5 lbs, 15 oz. Yay! |
 |
| After her appointment, we went to visit Great-Grandpa Shafer... |
 |
| ....and Great-Grandma Shafer. It was their first time meeting her. |
 |
| Both the kids like having Hannah lay next to them at bedtime. Such a proud big sister! |
 |
| And a proud big brother! |
 |
| Love Grant's pose in this picture - legs dangling, elbows on desk, head resting on hands, gazing at the computer screen. Haha! |
 |
| Jenna and Grant have enjoyed playing Mommy and Baby since bringing Hannah home. Grant loves being the baby and, of course, Jenna likes being Mommy and getting to order him around. :) |
 |
| Hannah's first bath at home. Jenna was thrilled to get to help! |
 |
| All clean after her bath...and oh so very snuggable! |
 |
| Nice and cozy in her big sleep sack. |
 |
| Watch dog, Bailey keeping an eye on her. |
 |
| It's amazing how bendable baby's are - how uncomfortable does that position look?! Her toes are practically in her mouth. |
 |
| Sweet dreams |
 |
| She loves this toy mirror! |
 |
| More bedtime snuggles. |
 |
| This almost looks like a smile |
 |
| Who's that beautiful baby in the mirror? |
 |
| This was about all I did the first few weeks - soaked up as many snuggles as I could!! |
 |
| This was actually taken before Hannah arrived, but I just had to include it. |
2 comments:
Love the pics!! Ya'll took great pics! I love how much the kids love her :)
Oh my - Grant in the dog crate; looking at their view-finders; so cute of Jenna and Grant with Hannah in their laps or bed! Hannah is a BEAUTIFUL little girl - and, I can tell she is filling out! Love y'all!
Post a Comment