I've gotten a bit behind posting on preschool! Two weeks ago we did the letter S.
Our memory verse that week was Revelation 7:10 - "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits upon the throne."
 |
| The kids playing the Starfall app on my iPad. |
 |
| Snowman lacing card |
 |
| Letter S Wikki Stix |
 |
| Letter Match - Jenna matched lowercase letters to the uppercase word. |
 |
| Size Sort |
 |
| Pre-writing practice |
 |
| Pattern Building - This one was a little tricky. Again, I would cover up all but one row of snowmen for her to copy until we copied it all. |
 |
| Letter S Pattern Blocks |
 |
| We made homemade snowman playdough. I added glitter to make it sparkle like the snow and even added some peppermint extract to give it a nice wintery smell. Jenna enjoyed rolling them into balls to make her own snowmen. |
 |
| Do-a-dot markers |
 |
| Snowflake match - Jenna just had to put the matching snowflake on top of the correct ones. I think next time I'll cut them all out and use them to play the game memory. |
 |
| Snowman dot-to-dot |
 |
| Letter School iPad app |
 |
| Jenna had to add the correct scarf to each snowman to match the hats. |
 |
| Letter Maze |
 |
| Letter Hunt |
 |
| Grant took some scraps of paper, cut them into pieces, and then glued them on top of another paper scrap. :) So proud of his work! |
 |
| Cut-and-paste |
 |
| Grant played with the geoboard while Jenna worked on her other school work. |
 |
| Thankfully I planned letter S for a good week - we actually got some snow! The week before the temp was in the 50s, so I was worried whether we'd have another week with snow. |
 |
| Number writing |
 |
| For her ABC book, she stamped a snowman on the letter S. |
 |
| Cutting page |
 |
| Patterns |
 |
| Phonics page - She did this page all on her own, even without me naming the pictures for her. |
 |
| I was trying to get a better picture of the poke page, but it didn't turn out. She does a really good job of putting a lot of holes on the black lines of the letters. Great fine motor practice! |
 |
| Letter S trace page |
 |
| Jenna loves adding paper clips to the number cards and she got them all correct on her first try. |
Once again, we didn't get to do all the activities I had planned due to the stomach bug that invaded our house that week! Grant was still recovering from his and Jenna came down with it Friday morning. I had planned to make snow ice-cream. I hadn't heard of it before, but found the idea on Pinterest. You collect 8 cups of (clean!) snow from outside and add some sugar and other ingredients to make ice-cream. But since both kids were on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) to get their stomachs back on track, we weren't able to do that.
I had also planned on having an indoor snowball fight using rolled up socks. I thought it would be fun to put a bucket of them on the front porch just before Drew got home so he could have some "ammo" for the fight as well. But with the kids under the weather, we just didn't get around to it. We've gotten some more snow this week, so maybe I'll have to revisit that idea now that we're all healthy!
1 comment:
I can't believe how old they're getting! Great pics :)
Post a Comment