Last week was letter B. Our memory verse that week was Ephesians 4:32 - "Be ye kind, one to another." A nice, short, easy verse, but one that is VERY applicable for everyday living! Trust me, this verse gets repeated often...usually by Mommy or Daddy. :)
 |
| Starfall on the iPad |
 |
| Butterfly size sort |
 |
| Wikki Stix |
 |
| Jenna likes "sharing" her upper case and lower case letter match with Grant. She always calls him over when it's time to work on it and gives him one of the papers. I'm not sure if I'd call it sharing as much as it's getting out of work. I don't mind though - it's good practice for Grant as well. |
 |
| Pre-writing |
 |
| Letter hunt |
 |
| Jenna did a Bat file folder game where she had to match upper-case and lower-case letters. |
 |
| Letter B pattern blocks |
 |
| Letter Maze - Jenna had to get the basketball into the basketball hoop by following the upper and lower case B's in the maze. She LOVES doing these mazes especially since she gets to use stickers. |
 |
| Letter School app on the iPad |
 |
| Butterfly puzzle |
 |
| Jenna tried to make a lowercase "b" with her body. That's pretty tricky to do! |
 |
| Poke page |
 |
| Letter B phonics page |
 |
| Lacing card |
 |
| How Many Butterflies - I put the number on the page and she had to add the correct number of butterflies. We did that a few times, but then switched it up and she put the number on the page and I added the butterflies. Sometimes I added the correct number and other times I didn't. I always had Jenna check my work and she found my mistakes every time. Good practice! |
 |
| Since Jenna was enjoying the pattern blocks, we did some other "B" patterns - Jenna's butterfly. |
 |
| Grant chose the car to do. Not the letter B, but he's never done one of these pages, so I wasn't going to argue with him |
 |
| Jenna working on a bird. |
 |
| Jenna's completed basket pattern card. |
 |
| She did some more 1-10 dot-to-dots. They're getting pretty easy, so I just picked up a 1-25 dot-to-dot book. |
 |
| With it being letter B week, the kids had a few Bubble Baths. So much fun! |
 |
| Patterns |
 |
| Letter B on the geoboard. (Jenna's face cracks me up in this picture!) |
 |
| Upper-case and lower-case B color puzzles |
 |
| Letter B sort page |
 |
| A butterfly cut and paste page |
 |
| Jenna and I played a butterfly dice game. We each took turns rolling the dice and then put our markers on whichever number we rolled. Then whoever got to the end of their row first won. The games were SHORT, but she still seemed to enjoy it. |
 |
| We made a butterfly craft using a clothespin, pom-poms, and a coffee filter. Jenna used the do-a-dot markers to decorate the coffee filter, glued the pom-poms on the clothespin, and then stuck the coffee filter between the clothespin. It turned out really cute! |
 |
| Jenna matched the number cards to the correct number of butterflies. |
 |
| For Jenna's ABC book, she stuck her princess Band-Aids onto the letter B. |
 |
| Number writing practice |
 |
| Magnet page |
 |
| Letter writing page |
 |
| Of course we added the letter B to our coconut tree at the end of the week. |
Also with it being letter B week we decided to take the kids
Bowling. It was their first experience bowling. I'll post those pics in the next blog post. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and just the right amount of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment