Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week 14 - Letter J

Last week we went through the letter J - for Jesus.  I thought that would be a good start to the month of December.

The memory verse for the week was John 14:6 - "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life..."

Letter J computer game

Wikki Stix

Grant wanted to do the wikki stix too...

Nativity lacing card

Cut and paste

Letter writing

Pre-writing page - can you tell she rushed through this one?

Do-a-dot markers - She thought the lowercase j was missing a dot between the top of the j and the dot, so she took it upon herself to add it.  ;)

Color puzzles

Geoboard - I love how she made the dot for the lowercase J.

This obviously didn't turn out quite like a J, but we tried.  :)

I was so proud of her with the patterns this week.  I had left the room and when I came back in, she already had them done...correctly.

Here's a close-up of the patterns.

Number cards - She added the correct number of stars to each card.

Working hard on counting the stars.

Letter Maze - I tried to find some "festive" stickers.

Letter J Pattern Blocks

Poke page - I love the look on her face in this picture  - "Mom, I'm trying to work."  ;)

Now that's better!

For her ABC book, she glued jewels to the letter J.  Of course she picked out all the pinks and purples to use - her favorite colors.

Letter J Puzzle

She practiced writing the word JESUS

Tracing page - again, another one she rushed through when I wasn't in the room to check on her. 

Cutting page

Coloring page

For the magnet page, she picked out the jewels on her own and used them to fill in the blanks.  I thought that was a great idea!

Upper-case and lower-case sorting

For the graphing pages, I just had her put the correct number cards next to the pictures.

As usual, at the end of the week, we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and put up the letter J on our tree.


This week and next will be pretty low-key.  I figured with Christmas just around the corner, we'd be busy enough without trying to do a lot of school activities each day.  Plus we have an advent calendar that contains some type of Christmas activity that we do each day, so that also gives us something to do. 

No comments: