As you probably guessed, our letter last week was O.
The memory verse was Psalm 118:1 - "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good."
Activities we did:
 |
| We ate an octopus for lunch one day and watched some YouTube videos about octopi. |
 |
| Jenna's coloring page. I was busy with Grant, so I wasn't there to remind her to color nicely and to try to stay in the lines. She's not a big fan of coloring, so although she loves using the markers, she typically likes to get this page over with as soon as possible. |
 |
| Grant's coloring page |
 |
| Letter Disk Match - upper and lower-case |
 |
| Play-Doh mat |
 |
| Letter O - Octopus puzzle |
 |
| Tracing page |
 |
| Cutting page - this one was a little tricky with the circles thrown in there. She didn't do too bad though. Seemed to handle the circles better than she did the zig-zags. |
 |
| Pattern Practice - She's getting better with the patterns. |
 |
| Of course with it being O week, we had to have oranges for snack one day. |
 |
| This picture's a little dark, but I wanted to show the capital and lower-case O's she made. Not bad! I love her lower-case O...very tiny. :) |
 |
| Number Pre-Writing |
 |
| She glued oatmeal to her letter O for her ABC book. |
 |
| Color puzzles - Jenna was lining them up and naming them all - Daddy was the blue octopus on the left, while Mommy, Jenna, and Grant were the last three octopi on the right. I can't remember who was in the middle. |
 |
| Jenna's Do-a-Dot page - I let her use a few different colors this time since Grant was sleeping when we did school that day...she had a little "too much" fun on this one. :) |
 |
| Letter Search - She found all her O's...as well as a few e's and an m. |
 |
| Graphing - This time I had Jenna count the octopi, find the correct number card, and then count the correct number of Cheerios. I also had Jenna put the Cheerios on top of the octopi instead of in the boxes below. That seemed to help with counting the correct number. |
 |
| We had some Oreos for dessert one day - couldn't pass up another great O treat! |
 |
| The O Wikki Stix |
 |
| Magnet Page - notice how she had to match the pom pom magnets to the octopi on the page. |
 |
| Poke Page |
 |
| Clip Cards - She put the correct number of clips on some of the cards, but she had a harder time with them as the numbers got higher. |
 |
| The finished product |
 |
| Octopus lacing card |
 |
| We decided to make some oatmeal cookies also. Jenna was a bit excited, can you tell? |
 |
| How Many? - I would put the number card on the page and she had to put the correct number of octopi on there. Next time I might mix it up and switch the roles - I put the picture cards on there while Jenna finds the correct number. |
 |
| Size Sort - This activity was pretty easy for Jenna. She just had to organize the octopi as small, medium, or large. |
 |
| Putting the letter O on the coconut tree. |
 |
| Another letter O craft - the kids used the Do-a-Dot markers to decorate the letter O. |
 |
| Then we cut them out (Jenna cut the outside of her O, while I cut the inside) and glued the octopus tentacles on them. Apparently I miscounted and our octopi only have 7 tentacles. :) |
1 comment:
Once again, SO creative!! Amazing how many things actually start with an O...I love how happy the kids are with school! :) You've such a gift...your creativity is so impressive!! and i like the 7 tentacles :)
Post a Comment