For Grant's 2nd birthday this year, we decided to go with an airplane themed party. He just loves airplanes right now and his bedroom is decorated in planes, so it just seemed appropriate. We invited our local family members to join us and had a good time celebrating Grant and spending time with family.
 |
| The food table |
 |
| Airplane sugar cookies | |
 |
| I borrowed some old suitcases from my cousin, Amanda. They were the perfect addition to the decor. |
 |
| Our in-flight meal - turkey and ham sandwiches on croissants. |
 |
| You always need jet fuel at a party! ;) |
 |
| Grant's birthday cake. I love making the cakes for the kids myself, but realize some day they'll probably want something a little cuter and more professional than what I can do. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can. :) |
 |
| Thanks to Drew for hanging our airplanes and "clouds" from the ceilings. That's when it comes in handy having a tall man - no ladder or step stool needed. :) (Oh, and an added bonus, those planes were from a Wendy's kid's meal a while back that I stowed away specifically for his party - can't beat free!) |
 |
| More "flying" planes in the clouds |
 |
| The "cousins" - or is it 2nd cousins? Either way, it's Jenna and Grant with my cousin's kids, John and Silas |
 |
| Grant opening his presents. |
 |
| Happy Birthday to Grant... |
 |
| Drew drew some clouds on the walkway leading to our door |
 |
| Welcome to Grant Airlines |
 |
| Baggage Claim - I had little gifts for John and Silas to take home. |
 |
| Paw-Paw and Maw-Maw with the kids (and Bailey) |
 |
| Our family shot |
Happy Birthday, Grant!! You constantly make us laugh and bring so much joy to our lives! We LOVE you!!
1 comment:
What a creative idea, Kristin, for Grant's birthday! I loved it! You are so good at making the cakes, keeping the themes, including so many cute ideas! Thanks for keeping us informed!
Post a Comment