Monday, June 20, 2011

New Pool

Summer is HERE!!! And we're loving being outside...as long as it's not too hot. ;) So since we're outside so much and since Jenna really enjoys the water, we decided to get another pool for her and Grant. After seeing that my cousin has this "pool", we decided to get one too - it just looks like so much fun! You hook the hose up to it and there are little water spouts all over it as well as a dolphin you can "ride" (Jenna's riding it in the picture below), a whale slide, and some other fun things. I thought this would be a little more fun for Grant too instead of just sitting in a little pool of water. Jenna really seems to like it, even though she might be a little too big for it (that's what you get when you're 41 lbs at 2 1/2 years old), but the few times we've put Grant in it, he doesn't seem so sure about it. He gets kind of stiff and eventually cries. Sometimes he'll splash around a little bit, but I think he really doesn't like the cold water. I'm hoping maybe he'll warm up to it, otherwise we might just have to wait until next summer for him to enjoy it. Either way, it's something fun for the kids (or for Jenna).




He seems to kind of enjoy the pool in this picture...

Since we have no shade in our backyard, I absolutely LOVE having this canopy. It definitely makes the hot days more bearable when we can sit in the shade, but still be outside.

On another note, I got some Mr. (and Mrs.) Potato Heads at a garage sale and just recently pulled them out for Jenna to play with...and she LOVES them. FYI for other parents out there with young kids...it's a great gift for 2- or 3-year olds!

It's funny seeing how Jenna decorates the potato...with an arm coming out of the top of the head and an ear on his mouth.

Yes, we let Jenna wear the potato's glasses...but then realized afterward that it wasn't a good idea and bent them a little. Oops!

And lastly, I had to include a picture of my son's path of destruction. Here's the "before" picture...

...And after...yep, he's a dumper. Just likes to take everything off the shelves and dump things out...and then he moves on to the next thing. Funny boy!

6 comments:

asheshaf said...

haha! love the pool...and the potato glasses on Jenna. I think getting those pictures of her wearing them was worth having bent glasses! :) And I can totally relate to having a "dumper." Oakley dumps EVERYTHING! He even warns us...he says, "I dump it" and dumps whatever he's holding. Boys will be boys!

Anonymous said...

You're so patient with Grant!
Hilarious pic of Jenna with potato glasses!

Diane said...

What a great idea for a 'pool'!!! I love the canopy, as well. Summer is so much better than winter, isn't it? :)
Can't wait to see everyone in July!

Stan B said...

I love your pics of the kids. Reminds me of Adam at that age. As for the displacement of toys by Grant, Adam's room can can look like that within 15 minutes after he cleans it up.

My suggestion for the backyard would be to plant one, two or more fast growing trees. By the time the kidos are teens you will have great shade. Not bad for resale value as well. Stan

Christen said...

Love the pics of your kids- they're getting so big!

Kaleikinis said...

I am glad you were able to find the pool! We did the same thing with a shade canopy in our backyard! I can't believe how grown up jenna and grant are...where did our babies go!? Your fathers day pics are adorable! What a great idea!