Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rewind Time to November

Once again I'm playing catch-up! 

Christmas Tree Hunting:
We went hunting for a Christmas tree a few days after Thanksgiving on an unseasonably warm day.  It's such a fun tradition for the kids!








Family Pictures:
Every year we get family pictures taken along with my immediate family.  Our pictures were delayed a little this year so we were running into cold, windy days, but they still turned out well.

We were trying to figure out how to position Hannah for the pictures, so we tried a few different ideas.  Here she is standing in her gait trainer.  It's not a very "pretty" piece of equipment, but it's a memory for us of where she was at that point in time.





Love this picture of Paw-Paw and Maw-Maw with the grandkids - so many smiles and giggles.

And I love this picture of my parents!

The whole crew

We also wanted to get a picture of her with her glasses on, even though it's definitely a struggle to keep them on her face nowadays.

Although she's not able to sit on her own yet, we were able to set her on the chair for a few seconds to snap a shot.  Drew was literally inches away from her.

Oh how she loves her Daddy.  You have no idea.  :)  A definite special bond between those two.

My natural beauty!  Cannot get enough of those curls (and they're starting to disappear!!  gasp!)



I love this little guy!


These boys...
We tried getting a shot of all the kids standing together, but that's harder said than done.  I still like how it turned out though - it's again, memories of this stage in life.




Misc:

Seriously love this candid shot of my three!

We had a HUGE pile of leaves out by the curb, and Jenna and Grant were having a blast jumping and running through it.  So I decided Hannah needed to do it too!  We strapped on the Upsee and "walked" through the leaves together.

Checking out the leaves...


Proof of our first "snowfall" - a few flakes at this point.

We went to Chick-Fil-A and all the cousins were playing in the play area.  Just before we were about to leave, I decided Hannah should participate.  So I crawled through the play area with her.  She LOVED it!

We went down the slide together and then Drew picked her up to leave.  She instantly started crying...and crying hard, which she never does unless she's hurt or upset about something.  We finally realized she didn't want to stop playing - she was sad to be leaving!  We set her down by the slide and she immediately had a huge grin on her face and started banging her hands on the slide.  It was very exciting to see that she UNDERSTANDS what was going on and wanted to be a part of it.  She's definitely not content to "just be."  We love it!

Swinging at the park across from Gram-Gram's house with Maw-Maw.

Our first big snowfall.  The kids were so excited to get outside!



Practicing sitting on her own.  She can sometimes sit for a few minutes by herself, but she typically has to prop herself up with her hands, so she's not able to play.  However, if I give her a little support around her hips, it frees up her hands to play. 

I pulled out the Christmas tree I used to use in my classroom when I taught.  It's a pretty sad looking tree, but we thought it might be fun to have downstairs.

They love decorating the tree!


3 comments:

Cat said...

beautiful family, and extended family! What a fun childhood the kids are having. you guys are doing a great job as parents! :) Can't wait to see ya'll in May!

Diane said...

Love Love Love all the pictures and updates - beautiful family, and it was so special to see all of your family in the pictures..we will have to do one of all of us in May in Galveston!

Ann said...

I love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family! We love you guys❤️