I feel like July was just a few weeks ago....yet it's already mid-September!! I've actually already posted about 3 of the main events from July - our
family trip to Indiana, Drew and my
10-year anniversary to the Dominican Republic, and
Grant's 4th birthday. So you'll get a little break from all the LONG posts lately with just a few more pictures from the month of July.
Hannah's PT (Faye) invited us to an Ambucs event. According to their website, Ambucs
is a non-profit service organization
consisting of a diverse group of men and women who are dedicated to
creating mobility and independence for people with disabilities. Basically they bring in a bunch of Amtryke bikes for the children to try and to also adapt and adjust to each child's specific needs. You then get placed on a national wishlist. I don't quite understand all the details, but I believe we can get one of these bikes for free once our name reaches the top of the wishlist; however, Faye is trying to organize a local Ambucs chapter where big local businesses donate time and money to getting these bikes for children in our country, which would mean Hannah would get a bike a lot sooner. I believe we also can just purchase a bike if we didn't want to wait as long, but for now we're going to wait. So here are some pictures from Hannah's bike "fitting."
 |
| Hannah getting fitted (Hannah's PT is in the red shirt) |
 |
| Trying it out |
 |
| She has a hard time holding on with her right hand because her right side is more affected than her left. |
 |
| All smiles! |
 |
| She loved it! I'm hoping we'll be able to get one by the Spring, so she can "ride" her bike outside with the other kids. |
We love going to La Comedia Dinner Theater each year with the kids. Last year we saw
Peter Pan, and this year it was Mary Poppins. As usual, we had a great time and the kids LOVED it, especially when Mary Poppins "flew" over their heads!
 |
| Of course we had to get a little milkshake during intermission. |
 |
| A picture with Mary Poppins and Bert |
Random July:
 |
| Grant got to ride the penny horse while on a quick grocery shopping date with Mom |
 |
| Our first cucumber of the summer! |
 |
| I had to include this because I thought it was sooo funny!! Poor thing was trying to get comfortable enough to nap in the car. |
 |
| Hannah's first dentist appointment - all was good! (Aunt Mary and Brian (Rudy) - I just noticed both your football teams are being represented in the background!) |
 |
| Who doesn't love Froot Loops?! |
 |
| Maw-Maws first selfie with Hannah. |
 |
| Reading before bedtime |
 |
| Jenna and I working on the paper mache pinatas for Grant's birthday party. |
 |
| Sleeping beauty |
 |
| The cousins love rolling down Grandpa and Grandma Shafers "hill" in their side yard! |
1 comment:
I love how diligent you are, Kristin, to blog and let us all in on what's going on - thank you so much! I love the bicycle idea for Hannah! Love her smiles! Grant is all smiles, too - as usual, and Jenna is growing up so fast! What wonderful family memories! Can't wait to see y'all in November!
Post a Comment