This past Sunday Grant turned 4!! We continued our tradition of bringing the birthday child breakfast in bed, which typically consists of a donut (don't judge) since it's a little less messy than other breakfast items. :) Plus the birthday child gets to open a birthday present in bed as well.
 |
| Jenna and Hannah got Grant a Spiderman water bottle. |
 |
| We had a small birthday party for Grant after church. Of course it was Spiderman themed. |
 |
| Drew and I decorated the night before. Here's Drew's web he created in the entryway. |
 |
| Spiderman everywhere! |
 |
| The family |
 |
| The birthday boy |
 |
| Love his smile! |
 |
| My simple spiderman birthday cake (I love simple!), fun Spiderman plates, and the amazing Spiderman birthday card that Grant's Sunday School teacher made him. |
 |
| Of course he got the "You are special today" plate. |
 |
| This was the first time we had games for the kids to play, mostly because Bentley and Aiden are now old enough to participate in games. So they played "Pin Spiderman on the Web". |
 |
| Jenna was smart (and a bit sneaky). She felt the edge of the posterboard and then felt where Grant had put his Spiderman and knew where she needed to put hers in relation to his. |
 |
| Sweet Aiden playing along. He actually did really well. |
 |
| I made two Spiderman pinatas. LONG story short - I made the pinatas using balloons and paper mache. I followed directions online, but still worried that they would get crushed with the first swing. Definitely NOT the case. Those things were solid. The kids weren't able to crack them open, so we finally had Drew pitch them to Dad and Brian for batting practice. After about 5 (hard) hits, they finally broke open. |
 |
| Even Gram-Gram got into the fun and hit it a few times. |
 |
| All the cousins minus Hannah who was napping |
 |
| Present opening time! He loved Aunt Cathy's gift - the Spooner. A fun toy to stand, wobble, sit, and slide on. Lots of fun! |
 |
| Lots of smiles |
 |
| Time for cake! |
 |
| He's 4! |
 |
| Love him! |
 |
| I found a cake mix at the store for a red, white, and blue cake. I thought it would be fun to continue the spiderman colors of red and blue inside the cake too, so I did the layers and just left out the white. |
 |
| Enjoying some of Grant's gifts - the frog game is a blast and actually more challenging than you might think. |
 |
| His drilling toy - who doesn't love power tools?! |
We had a great time celebrating Grant's 4th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment