Since I fell off the blogging wagon back in January, I've realized so much has happened in that span of time that I thought I'd try to (quickly) update everyone on the past 6 months. I will try to keep the posts brief, but seriously A LOT has happened, so I'll do the best I can!
Jenna's Birthday:
Jenna turned 5!! We had just put our house on the market, so things had been extremely busy over Christmas as we decluttered, fixed up, cleaned, and organized the house. It was a ton of work and now we were entering into the house showing phase. So we squeezed Jenna's birthday in amongst all the other craziness going on. We even had a (very) small birthday party with friends.
 |
| Jenna got her Elsa and Anna dolls from B - she LOVED them |
 |
| Her first Cabbage Patch doll named Hailey Cassidy from Aunt Cathy. Funny how much she actually looked like Jenna with her blonde curly hair. She's still a favorite of Jenna's. |
 |
| Jenna's birthday breakfast in bed (on the top bunk!) |
 |
| Since Jenna loves coloring, we went with a crayon themed party. I tried to make the food and decorations colorful. |
 |
| Jenna with her friends - Travis, Ella, and Grace. |
 |
| The only decent picture we got of the group, even though it's a little blurry. |
 |
| Jenna's not a huge fan of cake, so she got Oreo Ice Cream dessert. |
 |
| Celebrating Jenna's b'day with my family. Jenna modeling her new shirt and headband from Aunt Kelley and Uncle Brian. |
 |
| Big girl turned 5! Doesn't seem possible! |
Hannah's Eye Surgery:
We had tried patching her right eye for a few months, but there wasn't any improvement in the crossing of her left eye and, in fact, it was getting worse, so the doctor wanted to do the eye surgery. He cut a muscle on both eyes, although we can't remember exactly how he did the surgery now. Surgery was scheduled for January 2nd (Jenna's birthday), however, Hannah woke up with a high fever that morning and was having muscle spasms in her arms. We called the hospital to see what we should do and they recommended that we come in anyway and they would decide whether she could have the surgery still.
 |
| Poor thing feeling miserable with her high fever! |
 |
| At the hospital waiting to see if she'll actually have the surgery. She was feeling better after some medicine. Of course they decided not to do the surgery and it was rescheduled for January 16th. |
We did however take Hannah to her pediatrician that day because we were unsure if the muscle spasms were seizures. Seizures can be very common with children with Cerebral Palsy, so it's something we're to be aware of. We had video of her "twitching" and showed it to the doctor. He said it looked to him like "myoclonic jerks" - the involuntary jerking of a muscle or groups of muscles. Hiccups are actually myoclonus as well as when your body startles just as you're drifting off to sleep. So Myoclonus can be completely harmless, but other times it's related to other issues, one being epilepsy. Looking back, I believe I should have mentioned it to Hannah's neurologist, but I plan to bring it up at her one-year visit this coming month. I figured it would at least be beneficial for him to be aware of it, whether it's anything or not. Thankfully she hasn't had any other "episodes" of the myoclonic jerks though!
Round 2 - Eye Surgery:
 |
| Back for round 2 of her eye surgery - this time minus the fever. |
 |
| She's had her "happy drink" and ready to fall asleep. |
 |
| I wanted to include this picture to show how badly her left eye was crossing inward. |
 |
| And now for some sad post-surgery pictures. Her right eye was the only one that was really bloodshot. |
 |
| The left eye was still crossing inward. The doctor said it could take anywhere from 1-3 months for the brain to "lock" the change into place. |
Random January Pics:
 |
| Love this picture of Jenna snuggling with her dolls. |
 |
| Hannah decided to use her glasses as a snack. :) |
 |
| Watching Frozen at the movie theater |
 |
| Grant bundled up and ready to play in the snow. |
 |
| Grant's first attempt at cutting his own hair. |
 |
| Love this picture of father and son sleeping in the same position. |
 |
| Gram-Gram snuggling her baby girl. |
 |
| It's sad when your daughter is more fashionable than you! :) She's a beauty! |
 |
| LOVE this precious picture Cathy took of Hannah. |
 |
| Drew's 30th birthday - breakfast in bed. |
2 comments:
I had a big smile on my face as I looked through all the pictures! What a precious, beautiful, well-loved family!
Love the update - Hannah's eyes look so bad while they are red like that! Wowsers! Love the birthday tradition of breakfast in bed; and yes, Jenna is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment