Last week was letter M and we went with a very YUMMY theme - M&Ms!! :) I have a ton of pictures from this week, and believe it or not, we didn't even get through everything I wanted to do. I guess maybe I planned a little too much. :)
 |
| Jenna enjoying the Letter M with the Starfall app on my iPad. |
 |
| Wikki Stix |
 |
| Working hard on her lacing card |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Size sort |
 |
| Prewriting pages |
 |
| Letter M Puzzle |
 |
| Jenna had a little trouble making the M on her geoboard. Making the two slants in the middle of the letter was confusing to her. She kept wanting to make them straight. |
 |
| Do-a-dot page |
 |
| Color Puzzles |
 |
| Poke page |
 |
| More practice matching lowercase letters to the uppercase letters. |
 |
| For her ABC book, she glued marshmallows to the letter M. I actually cut the marshmallows in half so they wouldn't stick out as much. It worked out well and Jenna did a good job gluing the sticky side down. |
 |
| Sticking the sticky side of the marshmallows to her fingers - fun, fun! |
 |
| Of course we had to have some fun with actual M&Ms. I have an M&M counting book from when I taught that I thought would be fun. It has you sort a certain number of M&Ms by color and line them up in specific designs. We only did the first half of the book because the second half gets into making sets and since Grant was a part of this activity, I knew it would be too much for him and probably for Jenna too. They both enjoyed it and did a good job of following directions. |
 |
| Jenna picked out the stickers and completed the letter maze all on her own. |
 |
| Patterning |
 |
| Counting practice |
 |
| Pattern Blocks |
 |
| Another time I gave the kids a bowl of M&Ms and had them sort them by color. |
 |
| He does a great job with his colors (minus the stray orange M&M on the yellow spot). :) |
 |
| Then we combined each color of M&Ms into clear cups, added some water to cover them all, and the kids got to paint. I saw this idea online and thought it would be fun! |
 |
| I was curious to see how well the dye was for painting and was really surprised at how vibrant the colors were. They actually make for great paints! Oh, and I didn't tell Jenna to write the letter M - she did that all on her own. I thought that was cute! |
 |
| Cutting practice |
 |
| Letter writing - on the back of the paper I wrote the word "Mom" and tried to have her copy it. Since we've already covered the O and are now doing M, I thought it would be pretty easy for her. Nope...still challenging to copy letters without the aide of dotted lines. It'll come... |
 |
| Letter M tracing page |
 |
| Letter Hunt |
 |
| Number cards - she loves using the paper clips for these |
 |
| We read the classic If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff. I had planned on also making muffins with the kids, but that was one of the activities we just didn't get to. |
 |
| Some more building practice. Still challenging, especially when having to make a pyramid shape. |
 |
| She colored her M&M paper when I wasn't around, but apparently she just likes to eat the pink M&Ms - perfect for the Valentine's season. ;) |
 |
| This was supposed to be her graphing practice and I had planned on using real M&Ms to graph, but we were running short on time, so I skipped the M&M part and just had her match the number cards. |
 |
| Letter M sort |
 |
| My cousin had actually given me this puzzle (along with many other teaching resources) as a graduation gift upon graduating from Cedarville. It's so much fun and fit in PERFECTLY with our theme this week! |
 |
| Lastly, we added the letter M to our coconut tree. |
2 comments:
I would like to come to the Borton house for school...and M & M's! :) What fun y'all are having. I love seeing the picture of the kids...thanks for doing that!
So creative, so fun! I love it! The kids are going to be brilliant...you're doing a great job Kristin! :)
Post a Comment