So I completely forgot to post about our Letter F week....from over 2 weeks ago!! F was a fun week for us...
Our memory verse that week was John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." I was a little skeptical that Jenna would be able to memorize the verse since it's so much longer than our regular verses, but once again, the sponge-like minds of kids this age surprised me! I think she had it completely memorized after day 3. Oh to still be able to memorize things that quickly!
 |
| Letter F computer game - always a favorite! |
 |
| Wikki Stix |
 |
| I just love his smile here! This time around I gave him an extra letter, but it didn't seem to throw him for a loop. He still found and correctly placed all the letters. |
 |
| Jenna's a pro at this |
 |
| Size sorting |
 |
| Another great grin. Jenna was doing her poke page and he wanted to do it also. So I gave him a thumbtack, explained the correct way to use a thumbtack!, and gave him a blank sheet of paper to poke away. He really enjoyed it! |
 |
| Letter F pattern blocks |
 |
| Fish lacing card |
 |
| If I remember right, I believe Grant wanted us to have our picture taken... |
 |
| We decided to make some fudge...however, it was my first time making fudge and I botched it up. So we never got to even try it! I guess that just means I'll have to try it again here soon. :) |
 |
| Pre-writing |
 |
| Do-a-dot markers |
 |
| If I remember right, I think Jenna completed this page all on her own. Very proud of her for sounding out the pictures and circling the correct ones! |
 |
| Color puzzles |
 |
| Fish alphabet lacing |
 |
| The kids making the letter F with their bodies. |
 |
| A measuring activity using Goldfish |
 |
| Jenna even correctly estimated the number of Goldfish needed to measure the length of the blue fish. |
 |
| Paint tracing bag - Jenna was looking up at the alphabet on the wall to figure out how to write the F. Grant looks thrilled, doesn't he? In his head he's saying, "If I could just open this bag, then I'd REALLY have some fun!" |
 |
| Patterns |
 |
| Cinderella joined us for a few activities. ;) |
 |
| Making a capital and lowercase F with her geoboard. I love her creativity with the lowercase F. :) |
 |
| I made these puppets last year as a Christmas gift for Grant, so I pulled them out and we sang, "Old MacDonald had a Farm" while using the puppets. |
 |
| We traced Jenna's feet, cut them out, and made the letter F with them. |
 |
| Letter maze |
 |
| We had free kid's meal coupons to Frisch's Big Boy restaurant, so we went there for dinner one night. |
 |
| We also had some Frosty's that week. Yum!! |
 |
| Cutting page |
 |
| Jenna copied the pattern |
 |
| Capital and lowercase sorting |
 |
| Letter hunt |
 |
| Letter writing practice |
 |
| She surprised me with her coloring page. I just expected her to quickly color the fish and maybe the seaweed, so I was surprised when she had also colored the sand and water. I've noticed she's starting to enjoy coloring more. |
 |
| We also cut some Food with her Melissa and Doug wood food cutting toy that she got from Aunt Cathy a few years back. It's still a favorite! |
 |
| Grant wanted to get in on the action... |
 |
| But apparently the knife just wasn't cutting it, so he grabbed his saw. Drew was so proud. ;) Haha! |
 |
| For her ABC book, we crushed some Froot Loops and glued them to the letter F page. |
 |
| Fish puzzle |
 |
| Magnet page, but this time we used the decorative marbles. |
 |
| For the fish graphing pages, I had Jenna use Goldfish to fill in the graph and then she also used the number cards to correctly label the fish. |
 |
| Of course, at the end of the week, we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and put up the letter F on our tree. |
 |
| Jenna's cut and paste page. It was a lot of cutting, but she did it! I love how the eyes and fins are off on their own. ;) |
1 comment:
Love how the kids make the letter with their bodies on the rug! So clever, Kristin - you are a born teacher!
Post a Comment