Anyway, the tour was fun, although it's definitely a different experience when you have a baby and toddler with you. We weren't supposed to touch ANYTHING around us, not even the walls next to us. So needless to say, we kept quite busy keeping Jenna's curious little fingers away from it all. Jenna did really well though. A few times she had had enough and told us, "No..cave...no" - she was ready to leave. I guess it's just not that exciting for a 2-year old and it probably all looked very redundant. Grant did GREAT. We put him in a hiking backpack and I carried him the majority of the way because the ceilings were low and it would have been really difficult for Drew to bend over that much. But Grant's so heavy that Drew did end up carrying him the last 10 minutes of the 45-minute tour.
Mommy and Grant - ready to go
One of our closest couple friends - Jeremy and Krista Estes (and baby Jeffrey). We first met them at Cedarville and were so excited when Jeremy got a job nearby and they moved to Troy! Now we all go to the same church and Drew and Jeremy carpool to work.
Another family picture - this time Grant is holding a pacifier. He started getting a little restless near the end of the trip and the pacifier calmed him down (and probably gave him something to play with).
The long walk back UP. Jenna walked up 1/4 of it and then I ended up carrying her the rest of the way. That was a workout!! (I know, pathetic!)
Jenna loves "playing" with older kids. She'll follow them around and do whatever they do. It's so funny to watch her.
And then our typical Jenna...doing something she shouldn't be doing (and something I'm pretty sure Mommy just told her not to do). Of course, Daddy was so proud of his little adventurous girl!
We all went to McDonald's afterward and we couldn't resist getting Jenna an ice-cream to go. She does surprisingly well with them - her face is the messiest.
3 comments:
Aahhh....brings back memories! What a neat memory for YOUR family. "Hang tight" stalagtites...looks like a great trip.
I love hte pic of Drew and Grant, and of Jenna crawling under the fence...true Borton...! Great pics, and great story telling!! you look great, Kristin! :)
I went to Ohio Caverns on field trips too...I was taught that a stalaCtite hangs from the Ceiling and a stalaGmite comes up from the Ground!
Post a Comment