Wednesday, March 9, 2011

February and some updates

Thankfully Jenna's stomach bug was only a 48 hour thing. She woke up sick on Friday and was feeling back to her normal self by Sunday morning. Although she then got a nasty cold, but that seems to be going away now too. Grant also had a cold before her that has since gone away, except for a big, raspy cough. Hopefully that will go away soon. So it looks like we're all on the mend now.

Our basement is coming along too. Yesterday the carpet repair guy came and installed new carpet padding and reinstalled our carpet. Then today the cleaning crew comes to clean the carpets. I'm itching for them to get here so that we can start moving things back into the basement. It will feel sooo good to get things organized again. One good thing that came from all this, is that it forced me to clean up my crafting area in the basement and for us to clean up our storage area. It always feels good to get some cleaning and organizing done.

Below are some pictures from February...

Jenna loves helping me in the kitchen. Here we're making some cookies.

You might not be able to tell in the picture, but Jenna LOADED all Grant's toys in the seat with him. I was glad to see her sharing (not a strong suit for her right now). :)

Drew and I call this picture "Grant's Cleavage". Haha...gotta love the chub!

All clean!

We have a dress-up box and Jenna decided Grant should wear the cowboy hat that day.


Jenna pushing Grant in the swing. We've since added a "big girl" swing next to the baby one, so Jenna has a swing as well.


Another example of my busy girl. She got in my pots and pans cupboard and pulled out bags of cookie cutters. Then she strewed them all across the floor. :)

And here are the pots and pans on the floor, counter, and stovetop. She said she was making dinner for Daddy.

And one last picture of my kiddos together. Jenna tends to shy away from pictures. We usually have to catch her by surprise in order to get her looking at the camera. So apparently I was too slow in taking the picture and she was able to turn away in time. :) At least Grant's smiling!

EDIT: The above was written last Wednesday. I just didn't have a chance to edit and post it until today.

We just had a refreshing weekend with "B" (Mom Borton). She arrived Saturday and left late this afternoon. It was SO WONDERFUL having her here. The kids loved it, especially Jenna. She's quite attached to her "B". I loved having the company (since Drew left Monday for a business trip this week), catching up, and spending time with Mom. She was a HUGE help with the kids and gave me some nice breaks. I have to say, I'm very blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law! Most of the pictures we took this weekend were on Mom's camera, so once I get them from her, I'll post pictures of the fun we had! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

super cute family! Just stopping by to say hi! and thanks for the luv at my place! Candy molds are so much fun - you'll get addicted! Great tip is if you are "painting" a lot of colors, use a hot plate with bowls of melted colors to keep them all melted! let me know how you make out!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!