Since we were getting together with my family to celebrate my mom's (Jan. 21st) and Drew's birthdays (Jan. 19th) we didn't do too much at our house for his birthday. But he did get a special home-cooked meal and instead of a birthday cake, he got a plate of lemon squares - one of his favorites. I tried to put 27 candles in the cookies, but ran out of candles (and space!). :)


Earlier that day Jenna painted a picture for Daddy.

On January 22nd, our family, my parents, my sister and her husband all headed to Cedarville to watch Drew play in the Alumni Basketball game. I was soooo very thankful that my family came, not only to cheer on Drew, but also for their help with the kids! Jenna sat with my mom and sister for most of the game. And actually she sat and watched most of the game too. We even got her to say, "Go Daddy!". :) But near the end of the game she was ready to move around.

The only picture I got of Drew playing. He did really well...or at least that's what I hear. I didn't get to watch too much of the game because I was catching up with friends and taking care of the kids. :)

Mommy and her little stud

Some of Drew's closest basketball friends from Cedarville - (from left to right) Jason Weakley, Scott Tarvin, Anthony Delimpo (holding his youngest son, Colt), and Drew.

We stayed for the men's varsity game that night. It was fun being back for a game even though we were both pretty busy taking care of the kids. We'd trade off between the two and take turns walking around the gym with Jenna.

We had a great time being back on campus and seeing some of our Cedarville friends. We said this fall that we were hoping to make it to a few basketball games, but it just didn't happen. I guess that's how it is when you have two young kids. :) BUT...maybe we'll get to do it next season.
No comments:
Post a Comment