Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Unexpected

As most everyone who reads this blog already knows, we are expecting baby #2. I am currently 12 weeks along and have been feeling alright for the first trimester - occasional nausea and tiredness, but that's to be expected. Well, this past weekend we had a "scare" and made a trip to the ER Saturday night thinking we might have miscarried the baby. During the ultrasound we saw that our baby was still alive and quite active and the heartbeat looked good. So that relieved our immediate concerns; however, I was still having issues on Sunday and called my doctor on Monday to schedule an appointment, hoping to learn more about what's going on. During our visit to the doctor we found out that our baby was alright and looking good (YAY!), but also that we actually had indeed miscarried...apparently we were expecting TWINS! Of course this came as a shock to us because we had no idea. The doctor informed us that the baby that miscarried was most likely only a few cells (too tiny to see) that hadn't been growing or developing; however, the sac had been growing. So in the ultrasound we could see two sacs - one on top of the other - one with a baby and one without.


Although it's sad to learn that we did miscarry, we are so thankful that we still have a baby on the way! God is good!! We look forward to meeting Baby B sometime around July 30th (yes, our due date got moved up a little).

4 comments:

rccalyn said...

Oh, I didn't know that! That's amazing about twins...though sad about losing one. Congrats on #2!

Carrie said...

Wow, that is crazy! Do twins even run in your family? I am sad for you guys that you lost one but so thankful that there is one healthy baby in there! I love you guys!

Ann Bradley said...

Wow. How unexpected, yet how gracious of the Lord to provide for you twins, one for now and one for later! By the way, I love the pics of Jenna - she is a beauty!

Tiffany Simons said...

Very exciting news! Sorry to hear you lost one, but so fun that one is one the way :)