Jenna has also decided she doesn't want to be spoon-fed anymore. She wants to feed herself. So we're now cutting up little pieces of food for her to eat. She especially loves peas...she must have gotten that from her daddy! I know I say this every time, but it's so fun to watch her grow and develop. She's becoming a big girl! In fact, she just had her 9-month checkup and the doctor said she's the size of a 14-month old! She's 20 1/2 lbs, 29 inches and quickly outgrowing her 12-month clothes. Oh, and Jenna now has 7 teeth!! They just keep popping out. My mom says she's getting them out so she can eat some turkey dinner here soon. :)
She still loves playing with Bailey, although Bailey still feels the same about her. :) She'll grab his toys and swing them around in his face and just squeal and giggle. I hope one day Bailey will play back with her. She also has really enjoyed her books lately. In fact, she's in the other room now looking through one of her books and giggling. She especially loves it when she sees a dog in the books.
She now can say "da" (dad) and "daw" (dog)...yep, she can't say mom, but she can say dog. Didn't see that one coming...we're working on "mama" now. :) It's funny though. She's really noticed picture frames lately. When she sees the ones with mommy and daddy in them, she'll point and say "da" (and of course then I point to myself and keep repeating "mama"). And she seems to notice the pictures of herself too. She also recognizes dogs and dogs barking and will sometimes respond by saying "daw" and pointing. Too funny!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hope you enjoyed the update!
2 comments:
great pictures you guys!!! she is growing up fast for sure! hope to see you sometime in november when we come up!
I love the pictures! Jenna is changing constantly. You all look great!
I would've loved to see a picture of Drew all by himself in the middle of those pumpkins. I can see him now wearing only a speedo sitting indian style with a rose in his mouth. That would've made a great picture!
Post a Comment