This is the first time that Drew's been away from Jenna. He left Monday morning on a business trip and returns late Friday evening. I'm going to try to post pictures and videos while he's away so he can see his little girl.
Jenna and I have been staying busy visiting her great-grandparents, seeing her grandpa and grandma, going on walks with friends, and running errands. She's been doing well recently with sleeping at night. She's slept through the night 4 times, but not consecutively. When she doesn't sleep through the night, she's only getting us up once so it's not too bad. Overall she's a very happy baby. We have her 2 month check-up next week...which means her first round of shots - ugh! I bought Infant Tylenol the other day to get ready for them. I hate seeing her cry, but I know it's good for her. I'm really anxious to find out her weight and length. It seems like she's been growing so much lately!
Here are some of Jenna's latest developments:
1. Jenna's found her hands and is now working on figuring out how to suck her thumb/fingers. She'll get her fist up to her mouth and then get frustrated because she can't suck on it very well. It's so cute!
2. She's holding her head up much better than before.
3. She's focusing on objects and will turn her head in the direction of a sound.
4. She's making more noises - cooing and ahhing.
5. She's still smiling, but not consistently yet (I'm really looking forward to that!).
6. She's started showing us a pouty face when she's upset, which is sad and cute at the same time.
7. When we stand her up, she can support her body on her legs for a few seconds before they go "limp".
These are some pictures from the past few days...and of course a video of Jenna wiggling around.
1 comment:
Oh wow!! Alone with Jenna for 5 days!! I'm seriously impressed. If I had to do that I would have gone running to my parent's house for the week :-) I don't know how single parents do it. I'm so thankful to have a partner in all of this. I'm so glad that she's doing so well at night!! That is really exciting. Have a good rest of your week together!
Oh, will you be going back to work full-time or part-time?
Post a Comment