We are pleased to introduce our precious little girl... :)
Jenna Marie Borton!
She was born on Friday, January 2nd at 1:32 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and is 21 inches long.

On Thursday evening (Jan 1) around 8:00 pm I started noticing my contractions were becoming more consistent and were about 7 minutes apart. By 10:30 pm they were 4 minutes apart, so Drew and I headed to the hospital.

The nurse checked me out and I was only 4-5 cm dilated (the same amount I was that Tuesday at my doctor appt), so the doctor wanted us to stay for 2 hours and then be checked out again. If I had progressed, they were going to admit us, but if I had not, they were going to send us home. So we waited 2 hours, and around 1:30am she informed us that we were going home since I hadn't dilated anymore. However, she noticed some inconsistencies with the baby's heartbeat on the monitor, so the doctor requested that we stay overnight. Then around 5am the nurse checked me again. I was a full 5 cm dilated, and soon after was admitted to the hospital as being "in labor." By about 9:00am I was at 6 cm and then by 11:40a I was at 8cm. At this point the contractions were VERY intense and I was debating about getting an epidural. I decided to wait another 1/2 hour until the nurse checked me again to see if I had progressed. If I had, I was going to go for it without any medication; however, if I had not progressed, I was going to go for the meds!! Thankfully the labor progressed quickly and by 12:20p I was at 9cm, and then by about 1:00p I was at 10cm. Baby Jenna arrived at 1:32pm...yeah!!
Here are a few pictures from our time in the hospital...





More pictures of Jenna's first week and a half to come!
4 comments:
Congratulations! She's beautiful, and look at all that hair! Glad everything went smoothly!
We got word from a few folks from church, so I thought I'd pop on to say congrats! She's beautiful :)
Oh my word she is so cute and Kristin your parent's look SOO happy!! You guys look awesome and I can't wait to see little Jenna in person. I wish I could have seen you while I was home for Christmas break, I was around until the 4th...oh well, I will have to wait until I come home next! I love you guys so much!
I have been waiting for more pictures!! She is absolutely precious, and you are one tough lady to go without meds!! I love you guys so much and cannot wait to see Ms. Jenna! Congratulations!
-Kris
Post a Comment