Well, we finally finished our fireplace! I guess it's been about a month and a half since it's been done, but I just haven't written anything about it. :) Kristin and I (along with our neighbor) built our backyard fence last summer, but that's the extent of home project experience that we've had. This was a daunting project to say the least, but I had another neighbor down the street who encouraged me to go for it. He had put a fireplace in his house that looked very similar to what I wanted, so I knew he'd be able to help if we got in a jam. Plus, he had a bunch of tools that he let me borrow. Definitly couldn't have done it without him!
Other than installing the actual fireplace unit (e.g., setting up the fire box, punching a hole through the wall for exhaust, and running the gas line), Kristin and I did it all ourselves. It was a great learning experience, and has given me confidence to do more projects like that in the future. Next up, a deck! Maybe... :)
Here are the before, during, and after pictures...
3 comments:
Wow, that is impressive - looks like a professional job! When are you due again, Kristin?
amazing! it was fun seeing it in person too!! nice star on the fireplace by the way! haha :) hope you both are doing great and that Jenna is behaving in there!
I'm impressed! Anytime you want to come "practice", you can use our place!
Post a Comment