I am now 24 1/2 weeks along. Here's Jenna's development update:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
It's exciting to read how big she's getting. My next doctor appointment is the first week of October. That will be my last monthly appointment - after that I'll be visiting the doctor every two weeks. I can't believe how fast this is going!
I've been promising you pictures of the baby's room, so here you go. We got things cleared out (that was a big job!!), assembled the crib and moved Jenna's furniture in.
The empty room after being cleaned out
Drew assembling the crib
Bailey was quite curious about the new furniture
And now pictures of the room. It's quite empty right now - just the furniture so far.
Last night Drew and I ordered the bedding so we can see what it looks like up close. Plus we're wanting to paint the room and need to get a better idea of color schemes. The bedding we finally decided upon is Cocalo Tropical Punch. Here's a picture from the website:
I can't wait to get it and see how it looks! Originally we were planning on painting the room a light green color; however, I'm not sure if that'll look right with this bedding. We're now considering maybe a light yellow. We'll see! Drew's sister and brother-in-law are coming out in October to help us paint the room, so we'll have to make a decision by then. I'm looking forward to it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment