I was doing so well keeping up (or maybe catching up is a better description) with the blog and then got behind again. So here it goes...
Hannah's Birthday and Birthday Party:
February 12, Hannah turned two!! We kept things low key this year and only had local, immediate family over for an ice-cream themed birthday party for her. And of course, we had to give her a little something on her actual birthday, so she got a Valentine's cupcake. She wasn't too sure about it and did more exploring than eating.
Snow Adventures:
We got lots of snow in February, so of course we had to enjoy it!!
Therapy:
 |
| Hannah loves her mirror during therapy. We put window clings on the mirror and then her PT rolls her on the ball to reach to pull the clings off. It really works her, and she's usually exhausted by the end of it. |
 |
| We practiced some more with her walking in her gait trainer. She's not yet initiating the walking, but will at least take a step when we ask her to, or tap her leg. |
 |
| Doing some ab work! Her PT was boucing her on the ball and Hannah had to keep herself upright. |
 |
| Her speech therapist will throw in some feeding therapy every once in a while. Today she worked on her holding a cup to drink. She's not able to do it on her own really, but she is doing really well with it! |
School:
We had a fun time in school this month. Not only did we celebrate the 100th day of school, but we also hosted a Valentine's party!
 |
| Grant was very proud of his coloring. |
 |
| Valentine's Day party with some friends. |
 |
| Of course there had to be games too! |
 |
| We made "love goggles" out of pipe cleaners. |
 |
| And played Valentine's Bingo. |
 |
| We made these goofy hats on the 100th day of school. There are 10 strips and each strip has a group of 10 stickers...totaling 100. |
Jenna had to write about what she would be like when she is 100 years old. I downloaded a free app that will age you to look old, which both Jenna and Grant LOVED. They loved it so much, they wanted to take everyone's picture when they came over and make them "old." So I quickly had to stop that, because, as you can imagine, not too many adults want to look older, especially with how flattering these pictures are! SCARY!!
Misc:
 |
| Grant made this turkey sandwich all by himself. Proud of him! Learning independence. |
 |
| Learning water safety and canoeing skills during their swim class. |
 |
| These two sure love each other. :) |
 |
| Jenna and Grant found a box of old Halloween costumes and decided to put this on Grant. I believe it's probably a 24-month outift... |
 |
| She loves her Belle dress from Uncle Keith and Aunt Mary. |
 |
| During the winter months, Hannah's PT wanted her to wear theratogs. They're a tight fitting stretchy fabric that is meant to help give her stability. I was amazed at how well she was sitting on this particular day. Most days her sitting is more slumped, but on this day she was sitting the tallest I've ever seen her sit! |
 |
| Amazing to me! |
 |
| Love this guy! |
 |
| I can't help but laugh every time I see this picture! He found Drew's coin magnifying glass. |
 |
| We went to Texas Roadhouse after Drew's birthday and I mentioned his b'day to our waiter. He's such a good sport to sit on the horse saddle while everyone loudly "yee-hawed" for him. |
 |
| Jenna and Grant snuck into our closet and decided to dress up like us. So funny! |
 |
| Morning snuggles |
 |
| We had the boys overnight and so we spent some time playing at McDonald's...and eating ice-cream. |
 |
| Yummy Valentine donuts! |
 |
| Grant loved his Valentine's stuffed animal. He's been named Fuzzy. |
 |
| Swim lessons |
 |
| Playing peek-a-boo |
 |
| Hannah understands so much more than she's able to communicate. She heard me asking the kids to raise their hand, and I turn around to see her doing it as well. So smart! |
 |
| Bailey decided he would snuggle with Grant, especially since he was asleep. |
 |
| Jenna reading a bedtime story to Hannah. |
 |
| Sisters |
 |
| She lost another tooth! |
 |
| Someone stole my phone and took quite a few selfies... |
 |
| I took Jenna to see a play down in Dayton at the Victoria Theater. The play was Pinkalicious, based off some well-known kids books. (Of course we had to wear pink, right?) |
1 comment:
Love, Love, LOVE all the pictures - although I have to say I hated the making ME old pictures that they showed me when I was there visiting! Interesting apps that are out there!
Post a Comment