Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easter Activities

 I realize Easter has come and gone, but I never shared these pictures from our other Easter activities.  

Daddy reading the Easter story to Jenna from her Beginner's Bible.


We were scooping some jelly beans into bags to give as Easter gifts to our family.

Smile!

We attached a poem to the bags that used the jelly bean colors as symbols for the true meaning of Easter.

Next we had to try Resurrection Rolls.  I had never heard of them before Drew's Aunt Jean told us about them last year.  They're symbolic of Jesus's resurrection.  Jesus is the marshmallow that disappears from the crescent roll after you bake them.  Very cute and visual for the kids!

Jenna loved helping dip the marshmallow in butter and then roll it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.   (Don't you love Grant's "cheese" smile?!)  :)

This is typically what followed each marshmallow she rolled...fingers straight to the mouth!  Needless to say, she did a lot hand-washing in between dipping as well.  :)

Having fun!

Posing for the camera

Grant wanted to help too!


While the rolls were baking, we threw our big tarp over the dome climber in the backyard to make a "tomb."  Really it was just a great excuse to do something different.  The kids loved it!



Well...Aunt Jean warned me to use 2 crescents per roll so that "Jesus" doesn't leak out.  I forgot...and although "Jesus" didn't exactly leak, he was still there.  Hmmm....not sure if I needed to bake them a little longer or what.  I'll have to experiment next year.  They were still yummy though!

And of course, it's just not Easter without decorating some eggs.  Let me just say, it was CRAZY! For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to dye the eggs on my own.  Eggs were cracked, water was spilled, and Grant got a hold of one of the dye pills and ended up with a blue mouth, teeth, and lips.  Luckily he didn't swallow it, but he did manage to make a mess of it before chucking it across the room.  So if you're wondering why there isn't an "after" picture of the eggs, that would be why.  But I know it's worth all the craziness because of Jenna's smile above.  She REALLY enjoyed herself!!  :)  

We also decorated eggs at our church play group.
 
Grant enjoyed it too and kept wanting to put all the dyed eggs back into the cups of dye.  And, of course, GENTLY is a word we're still working on.  :)




1 comment:

Cat said...

Haha LOVE it! You're so creative. I know it takes so much patience and work but you're investing so well in their lives. Wish I was up there this weekend with Mom! Ya'll have a great time :)