I never realized how a green pepper, when cut in half, looks like a shamrock. So we did some shamrock stamping. Jenna also liked using the pepper to smear the paint around. :)
Although this isn't exactly St. Patty's Day related, I had to include it. Grant's had lots of congestion in his chest, so the doctor prescribed that he do the breathing treatments for a week. Grant had to do them last year around this time as well. This time around though he's handling it much better and it's not as difficult. We've found he enjoys watching a few silly music videos, so I'll play those during his treatments. Usually he's sitting on my lap, but a few times Jenna has asked to hold him, which is so sweet.
St. Patrick's Day morning - making our rainbow pancakes (notice the bowls of pancake batter that I'm working on tinting). I'm not sure what the kids were doing, but I'm guessing they were "helping" me.
After making 6 or so rainbow pancakes, I just used up the rest of the colored batter making regular shaped ones. So Drew got a rainbow pile of pancakes.
We also made mint chocolate chip cookies and tinted the batter green. Jenna was very helpful in licking up the extra better on the whisk.
Our lunch - shamrock shaped sandwiches, shamrock shaped green jello, rainbow fruit kabobs, and a shamrock green pepper slice (which neither of the kids had had before...and neither of them liked it. It was worth a shot.)
Jenna liked them as well
Of course we had to get some pictures taken with our green shirts on. I didn't have a green shirt for Grant, so the green stripes in his will just have to do.
I love how they're "snuggling" in this picture!
I love how they're "snuggling" in this picture!
Jenna also made a craft. She's really into using scissors and is getting better at it. So I let her cut 3 of the colors, while I cut the rest. (I would have let her cut them all, but we might still be cutting if that was the case.) Then she glued cotton balls on a semi-circle paper plate for the cloud. It didn't turn out exactly how I had pictured it, but she enjoyed it.
I just took down the St. Patrick's Day decorations tonight and will be replacing them with Easter! I can't believe that's only a few weeks away! Time to start planning now!
2 comments:
I love all of your ideas for St. Patrick's day - much more creative than just wearing green! And, the rainbow idea - perfect! Wisn I was Jenna...those kids don't know how fortunate they are to have a teacher for a mom! Love your creativity.
I agree with Diane--so creative! Looks like a fun celebration :)
Post a Comment