Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Grant!

Happy Birthday Grant!!

We started out the morning with his birthday pancakes.

They were blueberry pancakes and I don't know that he was a huge fan of them. Ha! So he also got his favorite breakfast food...a banana.

I love Jenna's cheesy grin. :)

Look at my big birthday boy! He's wearing his birthday shirt from "B".

Poor guy looks like Rudolph with his red, scraped up nose. He somehow scraped it this morning when we weren't looking, so we're not exactly sure what happened. It was just red for most of the day.

Hugs from sister. As she was hugging him she said, "I love you Gant." So sweet!!

Then for dinner we had Grant's all-time favorite meal...hot dogs!

And for dessert...half an M&M cookie.
We're saving his official birthday cake for his party on Saturday.

Then present-time! This was his first time opening a present and really didn't know what to do. He was much more interested in eating the paper. :)


So big sister gladly jumped in to help.

Yay...his own musical instruments.



Saturday is Grant's birthday party with family. B's flying in Friday night so we're all looking forward to seeing her. Jenna keeps reminding us that B's coming and that they're going swimming - her favorite thing to do with B. I'll be sure to post pictures of the party next week - we're going with the Very Hungry Caterpillar theme (and by "we", I mean "I"). :) I'm looking forward to it - party planning is something I enjoy and is a creative outlet for me.

Oh, and...Grant's started walking! He took his first steps a week or so ago, but has really started walking a few days ago. He just loves it and gets so excited. :) Such a sweet boy! We're so blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grant! you're such a handsome little man!! I love your smile and the joy you bring :)

Diane said...

Such a milestone for Grant! And, walking! Wow - can't wait to see ya'll - provided the tropical storm does not interfere! Yikes! Love the pictures, and the family activities!

Christen said...

He's so adorable- he's looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby. Please post pics of his Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party. It sounds adorable!