Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Waiting Game

Well, I am 4 days away from my due date and am "playing" the waiting game, wondering when this little one will decide to make his/her grand entrance. Jenna came 3 days early, so I keep thinking that the baby will be here in the next day or two, but I have to keep reminding myself that that's not necessarily the case. :) I finally feel ready for the baby to arrive. I had my HUGE deep cleaning list I wanted to get done as well as getting Jenna and Baby B's scrapbooks all caught up. Thanks to my mom who watched Jenna so I could knock things off my list, I was able to get it all done and just have a few minor things left to do. Yay! So the next time I write on this blog, I'll probably have a baby to introduce to you.

Now on to the fun stuff. :) Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately (the pictures are in reverse order and I'm too lazy to move them all)...


This past Saturday we spent some of the afternoon outside. It was a beautiful day and Jenna enjoyed playing in her baby pool and sticking her head in the sprinkler.


We recently bought a portable canopy so that we could set it up in the backyard for shade. We have NO shade whatsoever, so it was very nice having some on Saturday. It's amazing how much cooler you feel when you're sitting in the shade.




Two weekends ago, my girlfriends from college and I had our own mini-reunion. I was sooo glad to see them all and get to catch up. Most of them came in from out of state - one came from Wisconsin, another from Georgia, and another from Colorado!! Then the other two drove from Cincinnati and Cleveland. Thanks girls for making the effort to come to the Dayton area, especially since I was 8 1/2 months pregnant!!

Another fun play day in the pool!

One day when it was too hot to be outside (or at least too hot for Mommy!), I got out a container with dried beans for Jenna to play with. I tried this once before in the wintertime when Jenna was only 1, but it didn't work out too well. She kept throwing the beans all over the place, so they quickly got put away for when she was older. Well...I thought maybe by 18 months she'd be ready for it. Although she did play better with them, it still became a big mess so we had to put them up again. Maybe this winter she'll be ready...??


And of course what's a summer without bubbles?? Jenna hasn't quite figured out how to blow bubbles herself (she'd much rather try eating/drinking them!!), but she sure does like to chase them!



Here's Jenna playing with a summer garage sale find. She loves her Little People barn and animals.


Thanks Aunt Cathy for the cute outfit!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a few videos.


One day I got out the finger paint, stripped her down to her diaper and let her "paint" a picture. It's a short video and near the end of her painting session. I had to cut if off quickly because she was a mess and was about to run away!



The next one is of Jenna having fun in the sprinkler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! Wow she is getting SO BIG!!! SO cute. I love the little outfit on her :) Glad it fits finally! More or less :) You look great Kristin! Can't wait to meet the next baby!!!!

Diane said...

Love the blog idea...maybe one day I will do the same! ha ha...my life isn't nearly as interesting as yours! Can't wait to see Jenna in person, and the new little one as well - any day now! What fun this stage of life is - and, what work! Love ya'll!!!

Anonymous said...

It's good that you bought a portable canopy.
Since you love outdoor hangout, it's goood for you.