We had some family over this past weekend and I had some squash left over from a pasta salad I made. Since squash is one of the vegetables on the list as possible baby food items for Jenna's age, I decided to give the rest of it to her.
So I did my research and found out how to "make" our own baby food. I peeled and sliced the squash. Then I put it in a bowl with a little bit of water, covered it with plastic wrap (except one corner) and put it in the microwave for 7 mins. Then I dumped it in a blender and pureed it. Yummy!! She really seemed to like it, even though her face seems to disagree. She kept opening her mouth and lunging forward for more.
I think next we'll try smashed bananas! From what I hear, that's always a hit with babies.
1 comment:
LOL. Just don't give them too many bananas!! If you do, you'll be dealing with a whole new problem ;-)
I think it's great that you're trying homemade :)
Post a Comment