Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Great-Grandpa Jones

Our family has had a difficult past week. My grandfather was diagnosed with terminal cancer almost a year ago and this past Tuesday he passed into eternity. Although his death was expected, it's still very difficult. We all miss him and look forward to seeing him again someday.
My grandpa LOVED babies and couldn't wait to meet Jenna. I feel so blessed that the Lord allowed my grandpa enough time to meet and hold his great-granddaughter. Even in his last days he would light up when Jenna was brought into his room. We'd lay her in the bed with him so he could cuddle with her. Although I'm selfish and wish grandpa could have had more time with Jenna, I'm so glad he was able to spend some time with her.



Great-Grandpa Jones holding Jenna at the hospital after she was born





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how difficult it is. I will be praying for you and your family! Love you!

Ann Bradley said...

So sorry about your g-pa. What a blessing that he got to meet Jenna. You will treasure those pics! Jenna is precious - can't wait to meet her sometime!